Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Life being Disabled 06/10/13

Yesterday I logged off at 1400 and told my carers that I was ready to get changed for my trip  out to Old Trafford to see The Superleague Grand Final between Warrington and Wigan. I put my thermal vest, thermal longjohns, a rugby league t-shirt and my jogging  bottoms on. I got my Bradford Bulls bottle filled with water, our tickets that included a parking space next to the West Stand W2(usually we got a place near to the disabled entrance in the East Stand but the Rugby League wrote to us stating we had to pay £9 if we wanted to park near the Disabled Entrance blaming Old Trafford.), my Bradford Bulls away shirt, my Bradford Bulls scarf, my hat and gloves. I checked everything because I suffer from OCD as well and told my carers I was ready to go at 1440. Chris was helping me and Malcom the other resident who's a lot older than had John ur driver to help him. We set off at 1500 but didn't get to Old Trafford until 1645. We parked at the front of W2 which faces the strefford end but we/the disabled have get to the East Stand which opposite the West Stand. It took us 30 minutes to get through the crowd because I went first to make room for the other resident with 2 cares helping him. We went the Disabled entrance and went the Ability room to have a pie and a cup of coffee price of £5.80. We went t our places/seats which were No. 1 & No. 2 on top tier near to were the police stand because I've had these places before and complain before only I realised now!  We settled down I looked my mobile and found it was 1750 and the singer sang Jewrusalem. The players and the Officials I commented I knew Richard Silverwood and James Child because there both from Dewsbury. The match started with Warrington Leading at half time at 2 - 16. At half time Irn Brew went round the pitch throwing T-shirts into the crowd except the Disabled section ! In second half Wigan beat Warrington with final score of 30 - 16. It was amazing to score 28 points in 1 half and not let the other team score WIGAN the Superleague winners of 2013. After the presentation we went to out adapted minibus and it took us nearly 4 hours to get back. I order a 12" Bolognese pizza which came at 0020 and I went to bed at 0130.

I  woke up at 0900 this morning and called a carer her I would like to get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my leg bag to a siphoned and got dressed putting my old England shirt on because the one is being sold tomorrow my 59th birthday. I went to the dining room and had 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, 2  fried eggs and some baked beans. I went to my room and logged on at 1100. I started my blog from yesterday until 1220 when went to the dining room to asked my carers if I could go to Asda this afternoon because I wanted a Vindaloo, some Garlic and Cordinder Naan bread plus a tube of Flexident. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch and after I went my room to continue with blog. At 1400 I asked my carers when are we going to Asda ? They said when they finished their duties. I took my new Support Plan that another name for my Care Plan and took it to read in the dining room. At 1530 I asked the nurse if I could go to Asda to get my tea because the carers are too busy with other things. She replied no I can't allow that. I asked if another Unit has carer going to Asda to buy a Chicken Vindaloo. some Garlic Naan bread and a tube of Flexident. Somebody was going to Asda but she won't be coming back after 1630. I said that doesn't matter. She brought my shopping in at 1640 and I asked the carer would they toast my Naan bread in our toaster for 1 minute and microwave my Chicken Madras with Pilau Rice. I ate the Chicken Madras with Pilau rice but left the Naan bread because I wanted my ice cream. After I wet to my rom, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 1845.

No comments: