Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Life being Disabled 27/10/13

On Friday I logged off at 18:30, I put my feet up and watched television. At 23:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed. I didn't take any sleeping pills because I had to wake up at 04:00 in the morning to go to Cardiff.
In morning the carers woke me up at 04:00 and I went into my bathroom to clean my teeth, shave, shower, change my siphon bag to a leg bag and got dressed. I put my thermal vest and long johns on and my new grey jogging bottoms. I took my new England shirt and my Gill fleece with my Bulls hat, scarf,gloves. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix for breakfast. At 05:50 Skills for me and went to our adapted minibus. There was another resident Dave who was in the minibus. We set off at 06:00 travelling down the M1 onto the A42, M42, M5 where stopped at a Sainbury's Welcome Break where I had a sausage sandwich and a cup of coffee(£4.50). We stayed there for approx. 1 hour the we arrived Cardiff at 11:30. I had booked a Disabled parking space which was under the Milliennium Stadium. We found the entrance and park our minibus but the gates didn't open until 12:30 but we saw a Burger King just outside. It was very busy but managed to get over the road and find a table in Burger Kind. I order a plain burger, regular fries and a regular coke(over £5) but the burger was burnt and I couldn't eat it. My false teeth couldn't bite through it. At 12:30 we went back to our minibus and asked a steward where our spaces/seats where. He told us to wait outside the office because another steward will take to our places. While we were waiting the England and Australian bus went pass us and we saw both teams go into the stadium. The steward came and took us to our places/seats via a lift. There were 6 places for wheelchairs and behind there were 6 seats for their assistants. We were right at the front of the 2nd tier on a side the pitch near to the posts. It was about 13:00 and the first 2 tiers were filling up. There was somebody entertaining the crowd playing music. At 13:30 the openng ceremony, see rlwc2013.com, and finished at 14:15 The 1st match kicked off at 14:30, see BBC iPlayer, England v Australia with final score 20 - 28. At 16:30 the 2nd match kicked off Wales v Italy with a final score 16 - 32. After both matches we went our adapted minibus but we had to wait until the stewards opened the gates. It was quite busy in Cardiff and I slept until we stopped at another service station. It was difficult to find where to because there was a newagents, a Starbucks, another cafe type but no one was serving there but Skills found somebody who wasn't interest what wanted. I just bought a black coffee and everyone else didn't know what they have. Skills found a Burger King where they had a meal that cost £10. We stayed there for 1 hour and Julie drove all the down and back. We arrived home at 00:30 and I \had a coffee and some biscuits. I went bed 01:00 after getting my carers to put my clock back 1 hour.
This morning I woke up at 07:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my leg bag for a siphon bad and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs and some baked beans. I went to my room and logged on at 11:00. I started doing my blog and stopped at 12:25. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I logged on at 13:00 and worked my blog again. At 14:00 my bowels opened and my carers changed my pad. At 14:30 I put my feet up and watched television. I had Chicken Jalfrezi, Naan bread and Viennetta for tea. I went my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 19:00.

No comments: