Monday, July 25, 2011

My Life being Disabled 25/07/11

Yesterday I went to my room to empty my leg bag, get my glasses and get a coat but the coat I wanted "Corona" was missing. I took another XL fleece coat that I thought wasn't mine. I had Tomato soup because there was no Mulligatawny. We set off at 13:00 and there was another resident but only one carer plus our driver. It took us 40 minutes to get there and we parked next to the entrance for the Grandstand & Paddock. It cost £14 but our carer/driver got in free. We got near the finish on the fence but we couldn't bet on first race as we were too late. The second race began at 14:40 and I bet but I didn't win. The third race was at 15:15 I bet on favourite and we tried to find the disabled toilets. We asked to stewards who didn't know and they thought the disabled were near the entrance but we couldn't find them. Although I read the web site all it said there were disabled toilets provided but no-one knew where there were. We went into a bar and asked one of the staff in there she pointed to a baby changing facility under the stairs. It had a wheelchair sign on the door but I couldn't close the door. We emptied my bag and just got back to see the third race. I didn't win and continued this for the next for races. Our driver was lucky because her horse won at 100-1. She had a £2 bet and won £202. We came home and had my Chilli con Carne. I went to my room, put my feet up and watched the television. I watched Hull FC lose to Leeds 22 - 38. At 22:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 07:00 and watchedthe television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. He never responded so I waited until 08:30 when I pressed the button again. I asked the carer if they would change my leg bag to a siphon bag and I got up, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room and asked a carer if she would put these requests for skills in their book. To go Cortonwood and to cook my pizza. I had my breakfast and I went to the computer room where I logged on at 10:04. I email Pontefract race course about their facilities not complying with Equality Act 2010. I tried to send an application to Asda for a post in their new store in Grimethorpe. I had egg, chips and baked beans for lunch. I went to my to watch the television and exercise(x1). The physio assistant came and asked me if I wanted to stretch my hand under hot water for 10 minutes. We went to their room and stretched my hand. I went my room, had a cup of coffee and reviewed my Care Plan. I went to the computer room and tried to apply for a post in Asda Grmethorpe I but couldn't. I sent an email to Asda that their online process didn't work. I logged out of the computer room at 16:30.

No comments: