Monday, October 8, 2012

My Life being Disabled 07/10/12

Yesterday I logged out at 14:00 to get ready to go Old Trafford to see the Grand Final between Warrington and Leeds. We set off in the converted minibus my driver, a carer and me at 15:00. We arrived at 16:30 and went in the souvenir shop to get a Celebration Gnome but they didn't have any. We went to get  a sausage sandwich with onions in a bagette(£4) from the vendors over the bridge. After we came back to the Disabled entrance and stewards showed us where my wheelchair on no. 12 with my carers seat next to it. My carer went to the Ability bar to get me a coffee. There was 72,000 in the ground which holds over 75,000. The positioned was very good opposite the try line. It was a very close match and at half time the score was 14 - 14 but in the second half Leeds was the better. The final score was 18 - 26. We stayed to see the presentation but after the traffic was awful. It took us 1 hour to get out of Manchester. We got home at 22:30 and I went to bed at 23:30.
This morning I got up at 07:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer could I get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my leg bag to a siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix for breakfast. I went to my room and decided that I would go to Asda. I bought 2 tubes of Pringles Sour Cream and Onion, 2 sponge cakes, 2 packets of Sudafed, a packet of Lozenges and 2tins of body spray. I came home and unpacked my shopping. My youngest son rang to say he didn't feel good and he'll come tomorrow. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. My eldest son and his girlfriend came at 14:30. I logged off to open my presents. 

No comments: