Monday, October 8, 2012

My Life being Disabled 08/10/12

Yesterday I logged off at 14:30 when my eldest son and his girlfriend came. They gave 3 Sharpe books for my birthday. We watched highlights of the AFL Grand Final and the Super League Grand Final. They stayed until it was 16:25 and I went to the dining room. I had Lamb Curry with a Naan bread for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth, put my feet up and watched television. At 21:00 my bowels opened and I told a carer that I wanted to go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 04:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I asked a carer if they would tell the physio that my splint didn't feel right. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. The physio came and looked at my splint. She said she'll put it correctly when I've had my breakfast. She said that she'll do a Risk Assessment on me to enable me to go to the gym. After breakfast I went to my room and logged at 10:45. At 11:30 I watched television and exercised(x1). I had Lasagne, peas and carrots with Garlic bread for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 13:30 I tried to exercise but I felt full. At 14:30 I went to Asda where I bought 2 packs of minibites and a packet of Sudafed. I came home and unpacked the shopping. At 15:45 the physio took me to the gym to Risk Assessment. The owner met us and showed us round. We agreed the I can come on Tuesdays and Thursdays after lunch for an hour with an assistant. The physio was going to document this in my Care Plan. My youngest son came at 16:15 and he met us in the car park. He brought a birthday card and 7 clothing presents.He stayed until 17:00 and I went to the dining room where I had Quiche plus baked beans. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:30.

No comments: