Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Life being Disabled 25/10/12

Yesterday I logged off at 14:30, I changed my jogging pants and my shirt before gong Mumtaz restaurant in Bradford. We set off at 15:45 and arrived at 17:00 but the car park was over the road and not suitable for a wheelchair because it wasn't stable. There were holes and in loose tarmac in the car park which made if to steer my wheelchair. I went out using the vehicle exit because the pedestrian was too steep for a wheelchair. A pedestrian crossing allowed me to cross the road but the traffic light changed before I'd got across the road.
The restaurant was impressive but the wheelchair access I had go down a drop of about 1 metre at angle of 30' degrees on bricks(DEFINITELY NOT WHEELCHAIR SUITABLE).
Once inside the restaurant we were taken to a choice tables and I picked one that met my needs. We were offered water, chapatis with a selection of pickles. I ordered Chicken Samosas as a starter followed by Chicken Dopiaza with a Garlic and Coriander Naan. We finished by having a Mango Lassi. I asked waiter where the Disabled toilets are and pointed to the stairs that go down. He got a ramp out with no handrail or no guide. He positioned over 3 stairs but the diners near had move. I went down the ramp but the carer and driver were amazed because it was very steep. I turned but there were another three steps to go down. I ended up in a shop that sells Mumtaz merchandise followed a toilet that was too small to be Disabled. The carer helped me to empty my bag but there wasn't any paper towels to dry my bag or my hands. On coming out I crashed into the door because the toilet was too small. I had go up the ramp twice to get up the stairs. I was physically tired because all this was using my energy.
We went to our table were we left the blind person and finished our drinks. I asked the waiter for seperate bills but because I pay by Visa he told me to go downstairs again because they don't have a mobile Visa payment machine. I followed the same procedure but when I got downstairs I asked for the manager or someone that wrote on their website because it states as the facilities as:
Disabled Access, Disabled Toilets, Disabled Parking, Secure Car Parking with CCTV and Security Patrols which is an UNTRUE.
Another man came but he said all the directors work 09:00 - 17:00 but if I want to complain he will pass it on. I said I'll send them an email to complain. After some discussion about my bill he said I could pay what I think it should be. It was over £15 and I paid £10. I asked if I could leave via the main entrance. I did using the ramp again but after the ramp there was a small pavement to turn in. It was dark in the car park and we left at 19:30 getting home at 20:45. I watched television until 22:00 and asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 06:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room and logged on at 10:30. At 11:00 I decided to go to the dining room for a cup of coffee. After I went to my room and started my daily blog. I had sausages, chips and a poached egg for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 13:50 I went to the training room because we were having a Halloween party featuring Double Tee Karoke. After we had a buffet tea, I went to my room  and cleaned my teeth. I finished writing and logged at 19:00.

No comments: