Friday, October 12, 2012

My Life being Disabled 12/10/12

Yesterday I logged off at 18:00, I put my feet up and watched television. At 21:00 my bowels opened and I told a carer I wanted to go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 04:00 and watched television until 06:00 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I've an appointment at The Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield for my pre-op checks before I get all my top set of teeth removed under General Anesthetic. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix for breakfast at 07:45. At 08:30 the Patient Transport arrived and me with a carer joined 2 other patients. We were all going to Sheffield and one of us went to The Northern General Hospital. The rest of us went to Royal Hallamshire Hospital. We arrived at 09:30 but as I was getting down the ramp the driver made a sarcastic remark because I was going slowly he said "Is there something wrong with your wheelchair" and "can you faster" to which I swore at him. We went in the hospital to Ward J to have series test blood etc. which lasted 2 hours. We went to Patient Transport desk on the ground floor at 11:30 and after 5 minutes a driver came but said my wheelchair doesn't fit in his vehicle. We waited until 13:00 when we got transport and arrived home at 14:00. I had fried fish, chips and mushy peas. After the physio's assistant came to take me to stretch
my right arm under hot water for 20 minutes. I went to my room and logged on at 15:30. I had a Bacon sandwich for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:30. 

No comments: