Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Life being Disabled 20/10/11

Yesterday I had Cheese and Onion flan, jacket potatoe, baked beans followed by ice cream for my tea. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. I put my feet up and watched the television. At 21:30 I asked a carer if I could to bed.
This morning I woke up at 06:00 and watched the television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. I asked the nurse did she order some Enamas ? She said she had. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, change my siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had my breakfast. I went to the computer room and the nurse told me somebody will change my catheter today. I said I'm going to the Residents Meeting today at 14:00. She will arrange my catheter change around it. I logged on at 10:15. I started on my 1st Assessment of my course Equality and Diversity. I answered 1 question that took 1 hour to complete. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. I went the computer room and went to the Residents meeting at 13:55. There was the manager, her assistant, skills, head of domestics, handyman, carers, assistant to the physio and about 10 residents. The manager told us the format of these meeting has changed. It NOT a complaining meeting but for staff to tell residents there plans for the month. It finished in 5 minutes but skills gave overview of the planned events up to Xmas. The date of the next meeting was 08/12/11. Skills informed me that tomorrow evening I was going to the CLP in Barnsley has been cancelled.I went to the computer room at work on my assessment. I had a sausage sandwich and ice cream. I went to thecomputer room and logged at 18:30.

No comments: