Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Life being Disabled 18/05/11

Yesterday I logged out from the computer room at 12:30 and went to the dining room for lunch. I had Mulligatawny soup then I went to my room to watch television and exercised(x1). At 15:30 the physio's assistant came to ask if I wanted my right hand stretching. We went to their room and she stretched my right hand under hot water for 10 minutes. I went to my room and told the carers I wanted to get changed before tea. I went tea early because my chip butty was ready and I had some ice cream as well. At 17:00 I asked a carer to take me to the lift. I went down but there wasn't anyone else ready.
At 17:20 we were in our minibus, skills(driver), one carer and three residents. We set off to Bradford but one of the residents kept talking stupidly until he went to sleep. When we arrived at the Alhambra in Bradford at 18:40 the road was blocked because outside the theatre were two fire engines and a lot of people standing outside. Eventually we were told it was a false alarm and we parked our minibus outside the theatre. We went in and found our places and the show started. The show lasted 2 hours, it was very good and we went to our minibus. We got home at 23:30 and I had a coffee then asked the carers if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 07:15 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer I wanted to get up but the carer told me they were having difficulty with the hoist again(flat batteries ?). I got up at 08:40, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to dining room and had my breakfast. I went to the dining room and logged in at 09:55.

No comments: