Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Life being Disabled 22/06/11

Yesterday evening my bowels opened again so my carers changed my pad, boxer shorts and shorts. I put my feet up, had a cup of coffee and watched the television. The nurse came to review my Care Plan which we completed in 30 minutes. At 22:30 I asked a carer if I could get go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 07:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. One of the carers told me I am cooking Chilli con Carne straight after breakfast. I went to the dining room and breakfast. When I had finished skills came to take me to the therapy kitchen. I made my Chilli con Carne but it took 2 hours so I took some for my lunch which I ate 12:05. After lunch I went to the computer room and logged on at 12:38. The nurse came to give an update of my Care Plan. I checked my email and I received a reply from Ryan Duckett the Chief Executive Officer of Bradford Bulls....

Hi Mick

Thank you for your reply to my e.mail. Please see my answers to your issues in red below.

I apologise once again for the issues you have encountered on gamedays and I can assure you we will do everything we can to ensure that the service we provide to disabled supporters is as good as possible with our current facilities. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Kind regards

Ryan


From: mick tillotson [mailto:tillo@hotmail.co.uk]
Sent: 20 June 2011 10:41
To: ryan.duckett@bradfordbulls.co.uk
Cc: Gill Johnson
Subject: RE: A Disabled Complaint

Ryan,
Thanks for your prompt reply but here are some details that I forgot to raise.

1. I was not informed when I bought my ticket that it was in Section D and it is NOT compliant with DDA.
In fact the person who phoned me didn't know as she didn't mention it.

I have raised this issue with the ticket office and they have been told that they must state that this is not an official wheelchair user space and it is not DDA compliant when selling a ticket in this overflow area. This was the case but we have had a change of staff over the last few months and this had clearly stopped happening but I have re-briefed the staff.

2. At the moment there are 3 stadiums that are as bad as Odsal for disabled facilities, Castleford, Hull KR and Wakefield.
But these have plans to upgrade.

3. Your disabled toilet facilities are poor and why do we have take our RADAR key or get a steward to open it ?
No other stadium does this. We were instructed to do this by Bradford Council when upgrading the Stadium in 2003 and have continued to do implement this policy in conjunction with the RL Disabled Supporters Association. I have no major issue either way but will take the lead from the RLDSA.

4. I was dropped off at the stand entrance and we were early because the stand was closed. My vehicle had to park in Section D
in a muddy field. After the match my driver couldn't pick me up because all the traffic was going the other way.

I understand this issue and unfortunately whoever is driving will have to leave before the end the game to get to the car before the traffic builds up or wait until 10 minutes after the game and any traffic has gone. I know a number of people do the latter. Please note the majority of our official Disabled parking spaces are used by season ticket holders. These have been in greater demand this year due to our excellent season ticket offer.


I have copied to Gillian for info.

Mick Tillotson
0774 3453810


I went to my to watch television and to read. At 16:00 I went to the computer room and my youngest phoned to say he was coming over at 17:30 to get his helicopter.

No comments: