Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Life being Disabled 25/06/11

Yesterday I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room to watch television and to exercise(x1). But when I was exercising my bowels opened so I told the carers. They changed my but had to throw my shorts aways because it was all over. It 30 minutes to clean me and so I ready to go Headingley putting on a leg bag, my joggers and a t-shirt. I told the carers to tell the kitchen that I didn't want any tea I watched my television until 16:30 when I went to dining room and had a cup coffee. At 17:15 I told a carer I was ready. She told skills and came to take to our mini-bus. Although it was Friday evening the traffic was light and we got there at 18:50. We parked our mini-bus in the car park next to the stadium. My carer said she was staying with our bus because our new driver want to meet residents. I tolds her that the supporters club, next door, is open if wants a drink or the toilet. We went to stadium and went in but I said I'd have to empty my bag before the match. We asked a steward who take to Headingley Lodge, a hotel inside the stadium. We found our places my wheelchair space was in front the driver seat but we were in the opposite end to the Bradford fans. At first the was a match between The Royal Navy East versus West. The players came out before a marching band and some Army blokes with Ronnie the Rhino abseiling. The main match was a good one with Leeds losing to Bradford 12 - 18 but it started raing heavy. After the we went back to our mini-bus and my carer told she went to the supporters club. She had a beefburger and read a magazine. When the traffic had died down we set to join the M1 but our driver to the wrong turning and we ended up in Birstall before we got on the M62. We got home at 00:15 and I had a coffee before I told a carer I was for bed. All my clothes were soaked including my hat and scarf.
This morning I woke up at 07:10 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I changed my leg bag to a siphon bag, I got up, cleaded my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room to have my breakfast. I went to the computer room and logged on at 10:18

No comments: