Friday, August 12, 2011

My Life being Disabled 12/08/11

Yesterday I had Mulligatawny soup and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, put my feet up and watched the television. I watched Halifax beat Widnes 26 - 24. At 22:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke at 06:55 and watched the television until 08:15 but at 08:30 nobody had answered my call so I phoned the home. I told them that nobody had answered my call and they said they were having a handover. One of the carers came to acknowledge my call and she said they were having a handover. They came at 08:45 to get me up and to cut my hair. One of carers smelt of alcohol and cigarette smoke. She asked me if I wanted my bath foam ? I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered but after my shower the carers left me in the bathroom for about 10 minutes with only a small towel ! I was freezing so when they came back I said I wanted to speak with their manager. They hoisted on to my bed, dried me and dressed me when their manager came in. She apolgised for leaving in the bathroom but I complained about the carer who smelt. She said she would deal with it. Two carers came to hoist me into my chair but I noticed the one that smelt wasn't there. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to the computer room and logged on at 10:36. I went to my room to watch television. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to the computer room and went to my room at 13:15. I watched the television and exercised(x2). The physio's assistant came and asked me if I wanted to stretch my right hand in hot water for 15 minutes. I went to my room to watch television and at 15:40 I went to the computer room. I logged out at 16:25 and went to the dining room.

No comments: