Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Life being Disabled 30/08/11

Yesterday at 16:30 in my room I put my feet up and watched the television. At 22:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 04:30 and watched the television until 06:00 when the carers came in. I asked them to tell the nurse I was ready for my bladder wash. After I got up, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag to a leg bag and got dressed. I put a leg bag on because I thought I was going to Pinderfield hospital to have my Baclofin pump filled. I was suppose to go last Thursday but there was no transport. I went to the dining room and had my breakfast at 07:45. Five minutes later 5 day carers came in and had a cuppa. They were all talking but one them was exceedingly loud. The night carers left and the night nurse followed shortly afterwards. At 08:05 they went to the nurses station for their handover. At 08:15 they came back and another cuppa. By 08:35 they had all gone and I went to the computer room where I logged on at 09:05. I noticed in the television room there was a few carers talking. A carer came for me because my transport had arrived at 09:30. A carer went with me to Pinderfields and we arrived at 10:15. We waited in the waiting room until 10:30 and I went into a consultant room. I was hoisted on to a bed and the doctor filled my Baclofin pump up. He said should get appointment in January 2012. We went back into the waiting room at 11:05 and I waited until 12:05 when I spoke to the recptionist. I asked him to chase up with patient transport what was happening with transport. He said it wil be here in 20 minutes but it came after 5 minutes. We came home and I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 14:00 I went to the computer room.

No comments: