Monday, August 15, 2011

My Life being Disabled 15/08/11

Yesterday I had Chicken soup and ice cream for tea. I went my room, put my feet up and watched the television. I watched Bradford get thrashed by Hull KR 8 - 34. At 22:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke at 07:15 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. At 08:25 two nurses came in to wash my bladder out but I said I don't have this on a Monday. The carers came in at 08:40 and I said who was doing their 'handover' because the nurses came in 10 minutes ago. They said they did it themselves ? I got up, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had my breakfast. I went to the computer room and logged on at 10:32. I went to the dining room for lunch and I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room at 12:55 to watch television and at 13:15 the carers came to change my electric wheelchair to my manual one. They had to change my moulded seat over but it took them 30 minutes to take it out of my electric wheelchair. They brought my manual wheelchair it had no fastings for my moulded seat. They found them in a cupboard and fit my moulded seat into my manual wheelchair. At 14:00 we went down to our minibus but it wasn't there. It arrived after 2 minutes and we arrived at my dentist at 14:40. We went into the waiting room and was told at 14:50 that the dentist was ready. He examined my teeth and was surprised that a lot the enamel had gone. He told that he had more work to do before he could fit my denture. He gave me a prescrption for some toothpaste that was more floride. I had to brush my teeth but not to rinse mouth out or eat or drink for 30 minutes. We went to the reception and got 3 appointments for 14:30 07/11/11, 14:30 14/11/11 and 14:45 21/11/11. We went outside because it was sunny but our minibus wasn't there. After 30 minutes it came but my carer had to buy a small flat screen TV with DVD. We went to Curry's and bought one costing £170.We went to the chemis in Grimethorpe and got my toothpaste. We came and went to the dining room. I had scrambled egg with tomatoes and ice cream. I went to my room and the carers changed my moulded seat over. I went to the computer room and logged at 18:35.

No comments: