Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Life being Disabled 03/03/11

Before lunch, yesterday, I asked a carer if she would put me on the list for skills to take me to The Museum of Science and Industry at Manchester. I had Chilli con Carne and rice for lunch. I went to my bedroom and did my exercises(x2). I was coming back from the toilet and saw the Chripodist. I asked him if would cut my finger nails and toe nails. He did and charged me £8. After I had a cup of coffee the engineer from Clarke & Parteners came to mend my electric wheelchair. There were 3 faults, my control was broken, my battery compartment was broken and my armrest(right) was missing. This was the third time they have been but again he told he didn't have any spare parts. He said he had been on leave and the person who covered him was now on leave. I asked when my controller would be fixed but he didn't know if he parts department had any. He tried phoning his control and on the tenth attempt he got through. They put him threw to the parts department and they told him they had 2 spare controls. He arranged to bring it out either today or tomorrow. He checked my wheelchair and found it has never had an annual check so he plans to do it when he comes out.

At tea I had jacket potatoe and baked beans plus ice cream. I went to my room, put my feet on my buffet and watched television. I went to bed at 22:00. This morning I woke up at 05:30 watched television until 08:15. I had my bladder wash, changed syphon bag, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I had my breakfast and went to the computer room but skills were using both desks. They said they will finish at 10:45 but it was only 10:00 so I went to my room to watch the television. The nurse came to give me my pills and complained to him about skills using both the desks in the computer room. I went to the computer room at 11:00. At lunch I had pasta bolognese then I went back to the computer room.

No comments: