Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Life being Disabled 24/03/11

Yesterday I put my computer back into my room and went to the dining room. I had Mulligatawny soup and waited for the ambulance. It came at 12:45 but we had to pick another wheelchair user up from Barnsley. We got to The Northern General Hospital at 14:05 but the other person had an appointment at 13:45 so we took him first. I arrived at Rehabilition and Mobility unit at 14:20. As I approached the reception desk the engineer from Wheelchair Services was asking the receptionist to find out where I was. We went straight on to their room where the person who made my chair and a physio were there. I was hoisted into the new moulded chair because it was fitted to my manual chair, it seemed O.K.. I was taken to another room where the stability was checked on a ramp. It passed all the tests. We went back and the new seat was put in my electric chair. I asked the engineer ' should Clarke and Partners do a 12 monthly check ?' He said yes and told him they haven't done one. He said he will speak to them about this, about the arm rest and about the battery rack. We went back to the reception area and the receptionist phoned patient transport to tell them I was ready to go home. It was 15:10 but it wasn't until 16:15 when they came for us. They had another woman in who lived at Barnsley and we took her home first. We got home at 17:30 and I had a jacket potato with baked beans. I had ordered ice cream but the carers hadn't brought up from the kitchen. I went to mine room, put my feet up and watched television. At 22:15 I told the carers I wanted to bed.
This morning I woke up at 05:30 and watched the television until 08:15. The nurse came in to wash my bladder out. I asked her if she had found my February updates to my Care plan but she'd lost them. I got up at 08:25, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered , changed my urine bag and got dressed. I asked my carers if they would tell the caretakers that my bed was faulty. I went to the dining room and had my breakfast. A carer told me she told the caretaker that my bed was faulty. I went to computer room and logged on at 09:55. I tried again if I could send a message in 'popmovz' to their support team to tell them that to delete my account but I got the same message 'The message field is required'.

No comments: