Friday, April 22, 2011

My Life being Disabled 22/04/11

Yesterday I logged out of the computer room at 12:30. I went to the dining room to have lunch. I waited for patient transport to take me to Pinderfield hospital for my appointment at 15:00. It came at 14:20 and arrived at 15:01. I waited until 15:30 and went in the room to have my Baclofin pump filled up. It becomes empty around 6 months so the hospital sends me an appointment every 5 months. The registrar asked me if I wanted to increase the charge but I said no so he filled it and the nurse told me I will recieve another appointment in September. The driver stayed with us so we came home and I had my tea.
After tea I thought we were going to Odsal to watch Bradford play Leeds and before the match Bradford Old Boys were playing Leeds Old Boys and there was a pop group playing. Because the driver/skills wasn't in their room my carer search the nursing home and he couldn't find her. I tried phoning her but the call cut off when she answered it. At 17:30 I sent her a text to tell her we were ready. She phone me back saying she thought we were setting off at 18:00 but she decided to set off from her home now. She got here at 17:40 and we set off. We arrived at Odsal at 18:50 but the traffic to our car park was very busy. I got in my wheelchair space at 19:00 and saw the pop group before the match. The match was very exciting but Leeds won 22 - 30. After the match we had to stay in our car park because the traffic was halted and there were ambulances and police cars outside Odsal. We got home at 23:30 and I had a coffee before I went to bed.
This morning I woke up at 06:00 and watched television. At 08:15 I told the carers I wanted to get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I changed my leg bag to a siphon bag and went to the dining room to have my breakfast. I went to the computer room and logged on at 10:10.

No comments: