Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Life being Disabled 20/12/11

Yesterday I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. I put my feet up and watched the television. At 21:00 I asked a carer if could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 07:45 and watched the television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. I asked the nurse if my catheter wants changing because it's 8 weeks since it was changed. She checked and asked me if I wanted to change it now but I said I've got a dentist appointment at 10:30. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room to watch television. At 10:10 2 carers came to take me to the dentist. I put my scarf, hat, gloves and fleece on. We went the dentist which is at the other side of St. Luke's church on Cemetry Road and we arrived at 10:25. It wasn't my dentist and he called at 10:40. He filled my tooth in 5 minutes and we went to Asda where I bought 5 tubes of Pringles Sour Cream and Onion. We got home at 11:00 where I had a coffee in my room. I went to the computer room and signed in at 11:30. I had braised sausages, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables and broccolli. I went to computer room and went to my room at 13:30. I cleaned my teeth and watched the television. At 14:00 I went back to the computer room and at 15:00 I went to my room for a cup of coffee. I watched a DVD called 'Trespass' until 16:20. I went to dining room to join in our Xmas party. There were 7 residents, 2 nurses and 9 carers there. I had a Ham sandwich, 2 small pieces of Pork pie, 2 slices of Garlic bread and a slice of Chocolate cake. I went to the computer room at 17:45 but some of the residents went to the Conference room to have Karaoke. I logged out at 18:15.

No comments: